|CJN is looking to appoint someone to their exciting, rapidly growing team, based in Johannesburg.
-A Bachelor’s degree
– African languages
– A keen interest in social justice and community media
– Understanding how to create efficient editorial processes, particularly in radio
– Ability to create and maintain filing and administration systems
– Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
– Willingness to understand the NGO sector
– Interest in paralegal advice offices and/or community radio
– Some travel, license necessary
– Proven ability to carry out journalistic research and find resources to help make decisions about event possibilities
– Ability to develop and implement various networking capacity development programs for paralegal and radio stations
– Ability to work as a member of a small, hard-working, team which is passionate about human rights.
– Social Media and website management experience
– Multimedia skills (radio, video, film)
– A willingness to assist with a variety of projects including organizing events and seminars
The successful candidate will be required to:
– Produce regular social media including blogs, tweets, Facebook posts
– Develop and implement various networking and paralegal and radio stations capacity development programs
– Conduct research, make site visits and find resources to help make decisions about event possibilities
– Pitch and research stories for content schedule
– Write articles, create and curate digital content, including social media posts.
– Coordinate on-site arrangements for all meetings and events: Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, ensure appropriate logistical arrangements
– Keep track of invoice submissions and reporting of content submissions
– Administrative Support: Maintain and update databases, including contact management system and mailing lists
– Management of CJN website and all other social media platforms
– Complete special projects as assigned by the Director or Project Coordinator
|To apply, submit a letter of motivation – clearly indicating which position you are applying for, detailed CV and the names and contact details of three referees (incl. e-mail addresses).
Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits /Self Service application/”Apply for a job”
External applicants are invited to apply, by registering a profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located at https://irec.wits.ac.za and submitting your application or firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates; including qualifications and credit standing.
Closing Date: 18th November 2018
Please note that only applications via the website will be considered for shortlisting.
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The CJN reserves the right not to make an appointment and continue searching after the closing date.